Lumber Grader | Goodman Veneer & Lumber
Be a Part of Our Success!!
Goodman Veneer & Lumber, a Besse Forest Products Group company, is currently hiring for a Lumber Grader to accurately grade hardwood green lumber according to NHLA lumber grading rules for our sawmill located in Goodman, Wisconsin.
Since its inception in 1966, Besse Forest Products Group has grown from twelve employees to providing employment opportunities to hundreds of individuals across Northern Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Today, Besse Forest Products Group remains 100% family owned, and is recognized worldwide as the trusted name for the finest Northern hardwood veneer, green lumber, kiln-dried lumber, and specialty plywood.
If you would like to join our company, please consider the following OPPORTUNITY:
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Inspects and grades milled, rough sawed, or dimensional stock lumber in a safe and productive manner.
- Examines lumber on table, moving belt, chain conveyor, or in racks for defects such as knots, stains, decay, splits, faulty edges, pitch pockets, wormholes, and defective milling.
- Grades lumber to ensure NHLA specified dimensions.
- Marks lumber to indicate grade and processing instructions.
- Tallies pieces of lumber according to grade and board footage.
- Determines cuts to be made to obtain highest marketable value from material.
- Removes unsatisfactory pieces from conveyor or table and places pieces on stacks, in bins, or on carts.
- Scales board footage and records results.
- Pulls graded lumber into unit form.
- Adheres to company safety procedures.
In consideration of the Lumber Grader opportunity outlined, we offer you the following benefits:
- Wages starting from $14.00 to $20.00 per hour
- $1.50 Per hour Attendance Bonus
- 1st Shift Positions
- Half Days on Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Insurance beginning at $14.92/week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to advance to a higher paying position.
Please apply in person, email, call or text your employment history and contact information to:
Goodman Veneer Company
200 C Ave
Goodman, WI 54125
TEXT GVL to 22100
An Equal Opportunity Employer