Log Buyer – Goodman, Wisconsin
Besse Forest Products Group, a leading manufacturer of quality Northern hardwood veneer, lumber, and specialty plywood, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a Log Buyer position. This position will procure saw logs & veneer logs in the Goodman, Wisconsin areas.
- Purchasing saw logs & veneer logs using Besse buying processes and log grades
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Utilize handheld data recorder and tagging system for inventory control purposes
- Have a working understanding of the forestry market and trends
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment while focusing on quality
Job Qualification and Requirements
- Forestry Degree is required; however, significant experience and training in the forestry industry may also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of saw log & veneer log buying experience
- Capable of working independently and being a self-starter with a proven record of setting and achieving goals
- Ability to work outdoors, year-round and in all elements
- Proficient with computers (email, excel, word, log scaling programs)
- Must reside within a 45 minute drive of Goodman, WI
Besse Forest Products Group offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical and prescription insurance, FSA, HSA, dental insurance, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k) Plan, vacation package and paid holidays.
Qualified individuals should mail, fax or email their resume to:
Human Resources Department
Besse Forest Products Group
P.O. Box 352
Gladstone, MI 49837