Human Resources Recruitment and Retention Specialist
Besse Forest Products Group (BFPG) is a leading manufacturer of quality northern hardwood, veneer, lumber, and specialty plywood with over 300 full-time employees. BFPG operates veneer mills, sawmills, lumber drying concentration yard, plywood operation, and forestry department. Besse Forest Products Group also exports North American hardwood products to markets and customers around the world.
Currently there is an immediate opening for an HR Recruitment & Retention Specialist. This position will be based in either Gladstone, MI, Goodman, WI, Mattoon, WI or Rice Lake, WI.
- Partners with Besse Forest Products Group management to implement recruitment initiatives, social media marketing, succession and workforce planning, Total Rewards enrichment programs, and employee engagement.
- Creates, develops, and maintains Besse Forest Products Group’s social media presence to attract top talent to the company.
- Serves as corporate management’s representative by traveling to BFPG’s veneer mills, sawmills, lumber drying concentration yard, and plywood mill locations, as needed.
- Develops strategies, systems, integrated solutions and metrics for sourcing talent across all business units, from entry-level hourly employees to top-level salaried management professionals.
- Reports weekly on recruitment efforts, new hires and retention of new hires, by location.
- Attends recruitment and career fairs as needed.
- Manages weekly, monthly, and yearly budgets relating to all recruiting and employee retention initiatives.
- Oversees full cycle recruitment efforts by creating an internal applicant tracking system, including phone screenings, reference checks, on-boarding processes, document retention and orientation check-lists to ensure headcount targets for all departments in multiple states.
- Develops, oversees, and implements strategic retention programs including performance, employee engagement, talent learning and development, performance management, Total Rewards and workforce planning.
- Manages each location’s hiring and retention programs by partnering with each locations’ personnel to ensure company-wide best practices in screening, interviewing, onboarding, engagement and legal compliance.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in HR preferred, will consider associates degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in HR field, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Excellent communication and interview skills.
- Experience working/communicating with employees with a variety of skill level and educational backgrounds.
- Experience with recruitment through social media and digital marketing.
- Experience with developing/implementing new employee orientation programs.
- Knowledge of Michigan, Wisconsin, and federal employment laws.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Self-directed, ability to work independently.
- Experience in recruiting.
- Knowledge of retention initiatives.
Salary to be based on experience. Besse Forest Products Group offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical and prescription insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k) Plan, vacation package and paid holidays.
Qualified individuals should mail, fax or email their resume to:
Human Resources Department
Besse Forest Products Group
P.O. Box 352
Gladstone, MI 49837