General Manager – Goodman Lumber Operations
Besse Forest Products Group, headquartered in Gladstone, MI, is one of the leading producers of hardwood lumber, veneer, and plywood in North America operating four sawmills, lumber concentration yard, three veneer mills, one plywood plant, and employs over 300 people.
We are currently seeking a General Manager for Goodman Veneer and Lumber located in Goodman, Wisconsin.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the Goodman hardwood sawmill and dry kiln operations.
- Ensure quality control of the hardwood lumber.
- Implement and manage safety policies.
- Manage the activities of the lumber operations to meet the financial goals of the company.
- Interact with the log procurement group.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity & costs.
- Own the communication process to ensure plant personnel & company senior management are kept informed of conditions, trends, and important activities affecting the wood business as well as daily results, quality issues, and other business needs.
- This position will manage 5 direct reports and 50-60 indirect reports.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of general management experience in the hardwood lumber industry.
- 4-year degree in forestry or a related field is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of NHLA lumber grading rules.
- Strong business acumen.
- Must demonstrate self-confidence & motivation, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office is a plus.
Besse Forest Products Group offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical and prescription insurance, FSA, HSA, dental insurance, life insurance, disability coverage, 401 (k) Plan, vacation package and paid holidays.
Qualified individuals should mail, fax or email their resume to:
Human Resources Department
Besse Forest Products Group
P.O. Box 352
Gladstone, MI 49837