General Manager – Goodman Lumber Kiln Division
Besse Forest Products Group (BFPG), headquartered in Gladstone, MI, is one of the leading producers of hardwood lumber and veneer in North America operating four sawmills, one lumber concentration yard, three veneer mills and employs over 400 people.
We are currently seeking a General Manager for our Goodman Lumber concentration yard located in Goodman, WI.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Managing green lumber purchases from outside vendors.
- Coordinate intercompany green lumber transfer between the BFPG sawmills and the concentration yard.
- Maximize 13.0 million board feet of dry kiln capacity per year.
- Custom drying at other locations.
- Effectively manage the air dry lumber yard to maximize kiln dried lumber production.
- Value added manufacturing.
- Implement and manage the BFPG safety policies.
- Manage the activities of the lumber concentration yard to meet financial goals of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Business or other related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in hardwood dry kiln operation management.
- Good technical knowledge of drying lumber.
- Sawmill experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively work, communicate and coordinate within all areas of the Besse Group.
- Strong business acumen.
- Desire to develop towards higher levels of responsibilities within the company.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include: medical health and prescription drug insurance, 401K, HSA, FSA, vision, dental, life and short term disability insurance. Bonuses based on company’s financial performance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kathryn Meyette at email@example.com