Director of Human Resources
Besse Forest Products Group, a leading manufacturer of quality Northern hardwood veneer, lumber, and specialty plywood, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a Director of Human Resources position. The applicant will work in the corporate office in Gladstone, Michigan.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee corporate human resources department.
- Manage the health insurance program.
- Manage the safety and environmental programs.
- Manage workers’ compensation program.
- Provide support and direction for plant HR function.
- Provide support to upper management as required.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve policies for employment practices.
- Manage recruiting and retention practices.
- Provide support and guidance with union negotiations and other union matters.
- Maintain all necessary reporting requirements for the company’s benefits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of management experience in HR, preferably in the manufacturing.
- 4-year degree in Human Resource Management or a business related field.
- Knowledge in employment law, labor relations, benefit administration, organizational planning, environmental and safety compliance.
- PHR or SPHR is a plus.
- Must demonstrate self-confidence & motivation, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Besse Forest Products Group offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Benefits include medical and prescription insurance, FSA, HSA, dental insurance, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k) Plan, vacation package and paid holidays.
Qualified individuals should mail, fax or email their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
Chief Financial Officer
Besse Forest Products Group
P.O. Box 352
Gladstone, MI 49837